We would like to invite all members of the Canadian Section of the International Commission of Jurists to an exciting conference, which will be held March 29-30, 2016 in Ottawa:
"Canada in Global Affairs: New challenges, new ways"
For this international conference, we are collaborating with the University of Ottawa, The Hague Institute for Global Justice, the Centre for International Policy Studies, and the Human Rights Research and Education Centre.
It will bring together leading national and international experts in security and state fragility, global community and just society, and reform of global institutions. They will share their perspectives on current and future challenges, and possible solutions for Canada.
• The Honourable Louise Arbour, C.C., G.O.Q., Counsel, Borden, Ladner Gervais LLP; Chair, President’s International Advisory Board of the University of Ottawa
• Lloyd Axworthy, former Minister of Foreign Affairs and current Chancellor, St. Paul’s University College, former President of the University of Winnipeg
• Irina Bokova, Director-General of UNESCO
• Adama Dieng, United Nations Under-Secretary-General; Special Adviser to the Secretary-General on the Prevention of Genocide
• The Honourable Stéphane Dion, P.C., M.P. Minister of Foreign Affairs
• Huguette Labelle, C.C., Emeritus Governor, University of Ottawa; member, President’s International Advisory Board of the University of Ottawa; former Deputy Minister, Canadian International Development Agency
• Abiodun Williams, President, The Hague Institute for Global Justice
• The Honourable Kevin Rudd, Former Prime Minister of Australia
• James Steinberg, Dean of the Maxwell School of Public Policy and former Deputy Secretary of State of the United States of America and member of the President’s International Advisory Board
All registrations include a dinner at the Chateau Laurier with a talk by The Right Honourable Paul Martin, former Prime Minister of Canada.